Terms of reference
In relation to Gay and Lesbian Issues and Psychology, to:
- Encourage research, teaching and professional development opportunities in relation to sexual orientation and related gender issues within the discipline of psychology;
- Provide a forum for discussion and support for practitioners dealing with clients’ sexual orientation issues;
- Liaise with other professional groups whose aims are congruent with those of the Interest Group and in accordance with those of The Australian Psychological Society Limited;
- Promote supportive care and well-informed practice for lesbian, gay and bisexual clients; and
- Provide expert advice to and on behalf of The Australian Psychological Society Limited on issues relating to the area of sexual orientation and related gender issues.