This site details news relevant to Melbourne Branch members. If you have news or a source of information that you would like to bring to the attention of the committee, please email us.
Please also see the professional development section of the site for a series of newly added events.
Local sources of interest*
- The main APS website, where news of interest to all Australian Psychologists is listed;
- APS college websites, which list college-specific events and news;
- The Psychologists Board of Australia (PsyBA) website holds a good deal of useful information, including –
- The PsyBA register, where you can review and update your registration details.
- Many sources of current literature are available. Two of interest include –
- The Cochrane Collaboration. This site provides reviews of the best available literature relating to health care efficacy. The Australian government has made provisions for Australian residents to access this site free of charge.
- Pubmed, provided by the U.S. National Library of Medicine, lists citations from biomedical articles from life science journals back to the 1950s.
International sources of interest*
International sites are legion, but include –
*Please note that while we can direct members to reputable pages external to the APS these sites' content is beyond the Branch's or the APS' control.