To represent psychologists and to promote and advance psychology within the Northern Territory. Our mission is to improve community well-being and scientific knowledge, and promote the highest standards of psychological practice through:
- cooperating with other psychological organisations within the
- providing networking opportunities for psychologists;
- maintaining links with the psychology department of the Charles Darwin University and providing support for student members studying at the university;
- disseminating information; and,
- providing professional development opportunities through meetings, workshops and conferences.
- act as a conduit between Northern Territory Branch Members and the APS National Office;
- coordinate and promote local Professional Development Activities;
- hold general meetings to discuss significant local, State, or National issues;
- provide a forum for psychologists to network;
- encourage membership at regional level;
- act as a spokes group for the APS at regional level;
- promote the profession of psychology at regional level; and,
- promote the highest standards of psychological practice at regional level.